Students study historical contexts and traditions, current scholarship and contemporary issues within a Christian framework and a diverse, collegial community of scholars with wide-ranging expertise.
The decision to attend college may be one of the most important ones you'll ever make—we're here to make it easy, and you can start now
Choose from over 200 programs and degrees. At Andrews, you can change your major, but won't have to change your school!
You can afford a top-tier private education.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Masters of Arts in English also offers an emphasis in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). This track provides a curriculum which integrates theoretical foundations and practical experiences that are essential for successful TESOL professionals.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A bachelors degree (or non-U.S. equivalent) from an accredited institution. Major in English or at least 20 semester hours in English and minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.6 (applicants with lower GPA may be admitted upon consideration of the composite profile).
- Two Recommendations from professors.
- Resume describing employment, research or special projects.
- GRE General Test from exam taken within five years.
- Statement of Purpose reflecting your philosophical perspective, personal, professional and academic goals, and reasons for seeking the graduate program.
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE (academic): Students whose language of education is not English must meet the department’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
International2146 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1073 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National2146 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1073 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.