At Modern and American Christianity from Abilene Christian University you will have the opportunity to dive into research projects with guidance from experienced historians, and perhaps even present your findings at meetings of regional and national scholarly societies, as well as submit materials for publication.
Graduates with Modern and American Christianity from Abilene Christian University will:
- have critical facility with the most important primary sources and issues of scholarly discussion in biblical studies, theology, or church history
- have ability to use the best current methods of research in one of the following disciplines: biblical studies, theology, or church history
- demonstrate ability to produce scholarly contributions in their field of study
- Issues in Global Christianity
- History of Christianity in America
- Advanced Restoration History
- Research Problems
- Systematic Theology
- History of Christianity I: Early to Medieval
- History of Christianity II: Reformation to Present
- Critical Interpretation of the Old Testament
- Critical Interpretation of the New Testament
- GST Orientation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 324 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- A completed application and application fee;
- An official transcript of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A purpose statement
- GST Writing Assessment (a brief evaluation of academic writing skills).
International17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Abilene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.