The Education program from the University of Oklahoma is a pathway that prepares academic nurse educators and professional staff development educators.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will be prepared to:
- Integrate theories from nursing and support sciences to guide practice and role development
- Use evidence-based and best practice literature to propose and initiate change.
- Use political acumen to influence health care policy in the promotion of safe, ethical health care delivery.
- Deliver a broad array of evidence-based, patient-centered nursing interventions to culturally diverse or at risk individuals and populations in a specialized area of practice.
- Demonstrate expertise in a specialized area of clinical, teaching, and management/administrative practice and/or initial competence in a functional role (advanced practice registered nurse [APRN], educator and administrator).
- Employ leadership and management skills in decision making to improve nursing care delivery and the care environment.
- Collaborate with the interprofessional teams to improve nursing care and health care services.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination through scholarly activities and communication.
- Use critical synthesis to effectively manage resources and systems.
- Demonstrate competency in information analysis, management and technology consistent with role preparation.
- Engage in lifelong learning and professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Background for Nursing Practice
- Technology, Safety, & Quality Improvement in Nursing
- Testing & Evaluation in Nursing Education
- 14 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 686 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of a research methodology course with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of a graduate or undergraduate general statistics course.
- Submission of three (3) recommendations (references) for admission with the Nursing CAS Admission Application.
- Application to the University.
- If requested by faculty, an interview.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.