Nursing Administration (Online) from University of Oklahoma is offered online in 8-week modules. The curriculum includes instruction in leadership and management theories, communication and relationship building, leading change and innovation, improving quality and safety, and developing an evidence-based practice.
Students at Nursing Administration (Online) from University of Oklahoma will be prepared to:
- Integrate theories from nursing and support sciences to guide practice and role development
- Use evidence-based and best practice literature to propose and initiate change.
- Use political acumen to influence health care policy in the promotion of safe, ethical health care delivery.
- Deliver a broad array of evidence-based, patient-centered nursing interventions to culturally diverse or at-risk individuals and populations in a specialized area of practice.
- Demonstrate expertise in a specialized area of clinical, teaching, and management/administrative practice and/or initial competence in a functional role (advanced practice registered nurse [APRN], educator and administrator).
- Employ leadership and management skills in decision making to improve nursing care delivery and the care environment.
- Collaborate with the interprofessional teams to improve nursing care and health care services.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination through scholarly activities and communication.
- Background for Nursing Practice
- Organizational & Systems Leadership in Nursing
- Financial Management in Nursing
- Essentials of Nursing Administration Leadership
- Evidence Based Practice & Scholarship in Nursing
- Foundations of Nursing Management Leadership
- Technology, Safety, & Quality Improvement in Nursing
- Leadership of Innovation in Complex Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 609 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Administration/Management and Education program applicants must be licensed in the United States.
- Applicants to the Administration/Management and Education programs are advised that their practicum experience must be completed in the United States.
- Completion of a research methodology course with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of a graduate or undergraduate general statistics course. Must include probability theory, inferential statistics, and descriptive statistics with a grade of C or better.
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of academic credit.
- Submission of three (3) recommendations (references) for admission with the Nursing CAS Admission Application.
- Application to the University.
- If requested by faculty, an interview.
International15507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15507 USD per year during 24 months.
National15507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15507 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4803 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4803 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.