The competitive Music program of the University of Minnesota trains musicians to develop a rich background of theoretical, analytical, and practice-based skills on the way to a wide variety of academic and professional careers in music.
The School of Music at University of Minnesota offers the MM degree with emphases in conducting (choral, wind ensemble/band, orchestral), collaborative piano & coaching, music education, and performance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Piano: Music Major
- Voice: Music Major
- Topics in Music Education
- Jazz Improvisation
- Musical Minimalisms
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 473 other Masters in Music History in United States
- Online application to the University of Minnesota
- The following programs require a recorded entrance audition: Conducting, Collaborative Piano & Coaching, Instrumental Performance, and Vocal Performance
- Personal Statement - should address your musical, scholarly, and personal experience and proposed course of study in 1-3 pages
- Diversity Statement - focused on fostering a diverse student body, you may elect to submit a 1-3 page statement that identifies the distinctive qualities, characteristics, and life experiences you would contribute to your graduate program and the education of fellow students at the University of Minnesota
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Instructor/Advisor Preference
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
International28344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28344 USD per year during 12 months.
National28344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28344 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.