The competitive Music program of the University of Minnesota trains musicians to develop a rich background of theoretical, analytical, and practice-based skills on the way to a wide variety of academic and professional careers in music.
The School of Music at University of Minnesota offers the MM degree with emphases in conducting (choral, wind ensemble/band, orchestral), collaborative piano & coaching, music education, and performance.
- Piano: Music Major
- Voice: Music Major
- Topics in Music Education
- Jazz Improvisation
- Musical Minimalisms
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Liberal Arts View 721 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application to the University of Minnesota
- The following programs require a recorded entrance audition: Conducting, Collaborative Piano & Coaching, Instrumental Performance, and Vocal Performance
- Personal Statement - should address your musical, scholarly, and personal experience and proposed course of study in 1-3 pages
- Diversity Statement - focused on fostering a diverse student body, you may elect to submit a 1-3 page statement that identifies the distinctive qualities, characteristics, and life experiences you would contribute to your graduate program and the education of fellow students at the University of Minnesota
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Instructor/Advisor Preference
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
International29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
National29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State19754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19754 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.