The MEd in School Counseling is designed to educate you in the profession’s history, developmental and counseling theory, and research and best practices - with the goal of preparing you for professional excellence in the field of counseling.
This process is facilitated by a faculty that strives to model a teaching/learning environment suitable for learners of diverse backgrounds, learning preferences, and life experiences, so that you will be able to serve all students in the school setting. Faculty and students seek to model love, honesty, integrity, compassion, self-discipline, congruence, redemption, commitment, and community.
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
- Counseling Theory
- Positive Psychology and Spirituality in the Schools
- Psychoed Assessment in School Counseling
- Legal and Ethical Issues in School Counseling
- Resiliency/ At-Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Career Counseling in the Schools
- Multicultural Counseling in the Schools
- Group Counseling Theory
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Group Counseling Practicum
- Individual Counseling Practicum I
- Strengths Based Classroom Management
- Individual Counseling Practicum II
- Special Education: Programs and Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology School Counselling View 561 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Complete official transcripts from any college or university you’ve attended.
- A 3.0 or better GPA in your most recent 45 quarter credits, or in all undergraduate work.
- A passing score on the entrance exam for your program.
- Satisfaction of program-specific entrance requirements.
- Payment of the application fee of $50 or $75, depending on the program.
International22050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 36 months.
National22050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.