The MEd in School Counseling is designed to educate you in the profession’s history, developmental and counseling theory, and research and best practices - with the goal of preparing you for professional excellence in the field of counseling.
This process is facilitated by a faculty that strives to model a teaching/learning environment suitable for learners of diverse backgrounds, learning preferences, and life experiences, so that you will be able to serve all students in the school setting. Faculty and students seek to model love, honesty, integrity, compassion, self-discipline, congruence, redemption, commitment, and community.
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theory
- Positive Psychology and Spirituality in the Schools
- Intro to Psychoed Assessment in School Counseling
- Legal and Ethical Issues in School Counseling
- Resiliency/ At-Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Career Counseling in the Schools
- Multicultural Counseling in the Schools
- Group Counseling Theory
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Group Counseling Practicum
- Individual Counseling Practicum I
- Strengths Based Classroom Management
- Individual Counseling Practicum II
- Special Education: Programs and Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
April 1. Late applications will be considered.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Complete official transcripts from any college or university you’ve attended.
- A 3.0 or better GPA in your most recent 45 quarter credits, or in all undergraduate work.
- A passing score on the entrance exam for your program.
- Satisfaction of program-specific entrance requirements.
- Payment of the application fee of $50 or $75, depending on the program.
International712 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 712 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National712 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 712 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.