Completion of the program fulfills requirements for a Master of Arts in Teaching degree and Washington state Residency Teacher Certification. After completing program requirements, the Certification Office in the School of Education at SPU recommends candidates for teacher licensure to the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Completion of five additional graduate-level classes throughout the program fulfills requirements for the MAT degree.
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
- History and Methods of Teaching ELL
- American Education: Past and Present
- ELL Materials Selection & Development
- English Structure
- Survey of Instructional Strategies
- Principles of Language Teaching
- Teaching Spoken Language
- Spring Field Experience
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum Studies
- Classroom Management
- Learners in Context
- Methods of Teaching Reading & Writing
- Testing and Evaluation
- September Experience & Professional Issues
- Issues Across Cultures
- MAT Internship
- Internship Seminar
- MAT Internship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 1840 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Complete official transcripts from any college or university you’ve attended.
- A 3.0 or better GPA in your most recent 45 quarter credits, or in all undergraduate work.
- A passing score on the entrance exam for your program.
- Satisfaction of program-specific entrance requirements.
- Payment of the application fee of $50 or $75, depending on the program.
International22050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.