It is one of the few dedicated MPH programs focused on maternal, reproductive, child, and family health in the country — and one of the few to offer a degree that can be completed entirely online.
The Maternal and Child Health program of the University of Minnesota focuses on public health skills development (program design and evaluation, advocacy, epidemiology) and maternal and child health (MCH) content (family health, reproductive health, infant and child health, adolescent health, social disparities, family systems, and women’s health).
Advantages of the Maternal & Child Health MPH
- Strong Values. Our program is rooted in the principles of social justice and is committed to serving vulnerable populations.
- Integrated Health Sciences. Core program faculty includes more than 30 epidemiologists, psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, geneticists, physicians, nurses, and public/community health specialists—giving our students a multidisciplinary approach to public health topics.
- Supportive Environment. Students receive personal attention from nationally recognized faculty, and a network of more than 10,000 alumni (600 MCH graduates) who serve as mentors, employers and teachers.
- Comprehensive Curriculum. Our students develop skills in health principles and approaches, health disparities/health inequities, ethics, communications, policy and health systems. They use these skills to promote and improve the health of women, children, youth and families.
- Flexible. Students in either the Advanced Standing or Standard Tracks may complete their degree entirely online, entirely in-person, or by taking a combination of online and in-person courses.
- Global Maternal and Child Health
- Reproductive and Perinatal Health
- Children’s Health: Life Course & Equity Perspectives
- Adolescent Health: Issues, Programs and Policies
- Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Women’s Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Standard Track: (48 credits)
- Advanced Standing Track: (42 credits)
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Midwifery View 783 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Related experience, a basic understanding of physiological and/or psychological human development, and a quantitative background or interest.
- Work or volunteer experience in a clinical, community-based, public health or managed-care agency/program that focuses on vulnerable populations, women, children, adolescents, and/or families (preferred, not required).
- Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of not less than 3.00
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Resume or C.V.
- Official transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
International28539 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1359 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28539 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1359 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State21714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1034 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.