Digital Media Design at Birkbeck, University of London at Birkbeck, University of London provides both the technical and conceptual framework required to succeed in the digital environment of today and tomorrow.
This programme is one of the only MA degrees in the UK to combine professional development and technical skills with academic rigour and scholarly consideration. The philosophy of the programme is that the innovative design and management of digital media must go hand in hand with critical thinking about digital media.
By the end of the course, you will have built connections with companies and industry networks and will have developed project-based portfolios that will greatly facilitate your entry into the job market.
Graduates can pursue a career in web development, multimedia programming, design, project management, education and training. Possible professions include web developer, project manager, or digital designer. This degree is also useful in becoming a multimedia specialist, teacher, or market researcher.
- Digital Design Thinking
- Visual Design and Web Project
- Web Development and User Experience
- Advanced Layout and Design
- Contemporary American Cinema
- Digital Culture
- Managing a Digital Project
- Public Relations and Professional Communications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 373 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) in a related subject.
- As part of the application process, you are required to complete a two-part admissions exercise asking you to indicate your experience in digital media and to demonstrate your ability to develop a simple web page using HTML.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- The application form
- Your personal details
- Your qualifications
- Your work experience
- Your personal statement
- Statistical information
- English proficiency
International16380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9030 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time home students: £4515 pa
- Part-time international students: £8190 pa
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.