The mission of Valparaiso University College of Nursing and Health Professions at the undergraduate and graduate levels is to prepare critically inquiring, competent, professional nurses who embrace truth and learning and who respect Christian values while promoting health for persons in dynamic health care environments.
Nursing practice incorporates the four metaparadigm concepts: nurse, person, health, and environment. These four components are interconnected in a dynamic, ever-changing milieu.
Graduate from the Nursing program at Valparaiso University will be able to:
- Synthesize the roles of the nurse educator in academic communities and/or health care organizations
- Facilitate and evaluate learner achievement of cognitive, affective, and psychomotor outcomes in diverse settings
- Design curricula and create program outcomes that reflect the dynamic health environment
- Develop and implement strategies to address the environmental influences of culture, economics, ethics, law, policy, politics, society, and technology on teaching and learning
- Integrate the processes of scholarship, critical thinking, communication, change, and lifelong learning into the nurse educator role
- Contribute to the academic community or health care organization, profession, and community as an innovative nurse educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Special Topics in Biology (Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology)
- Pharmacologic Principles for Nurse Educators
- Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Educators
- Organizational and Systems Leadership for Nurse Educators
- Foundations of Nursing Education
- Evaluation in Nursing Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1384 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Earn a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Submit all required documents for domestic or international citizenship
- Valpo’s graduate application
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development
- Application fee
International12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Valparaiso
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.