The Information Technology program at Valparaiso University is intended to prepare students having undergraduate backgrounds in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related fields with the knowledge, skills, and perspective for successful careers in the field of information technology in both the U.S. and abroad.
Both tracks are distinguished from other IT programs in a number of ways, including:
- A highly applied approach, with emphasis on hands-on learning;
- Requirement of a capstone experience, which is designed around the academic and professional goals of the individual student;
- Incorporation of emerging technologies into all coursework;
- Emphasis on a collaborative and teamwork approach;
- Development of skills in technology leadership;
- Deeper specialization in either management or computing;
- Elective coursework for management track students from other professional-based programs, including Communication and International Commerce and Policy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Information Technology
- Data Mining
- Ethics in Information Technology
- Information Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 1593 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Earn a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Submit all required documents for domestic or international citizenship
- Valpo’s graduate application
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development
- Application fee
International12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Valparaiso
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.