The TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program at Valparaiso University prepares individuals from a variety of backgrounds to teach English to non-native speakers in the U.S. and internationally.
Students master theory of second language acquisition, effective teaching practices, and methods of assessment of English language proficiency.
Graduates of our programs in TESOL have taught English in language schools, k-12 settings, and universities in the U.S. and internationally. Students who have completed the M.A. in TESOL have also pursued further study in doctoral programs in Education, Linguistics, and TESOL and Composition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sociolinguistics: Language Across Culture
- Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages: Theory and Methods
- Teaching Of English to Speakers Of Other Languages: Theory and Practices
- ESL Curriculum and Assessment
- ESL Grammar
- Advanced Composition
- Topics in Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 1038 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Earn a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Submit all required documents for domestic or international citizenship
- Valpo’s graduate application
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development
- Application fee
International12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Valparaiso
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.