Students work with faculty to design and implement studies addressing empirical questions in clinical/forensic or legal psychology. Students are trained in research design, statistical analysis, as well as clinical assessment and psychological testing. Research practicums or directed research are required as well as a comprehensive thesis.
The M.A. in Forensic and Legal Psychology at Roger Williams University seeks to:
- Prepare graduate students for further academic training at the doctoral level in applied, clinical, experimental, or legal psychology
- Provide students with training in research design, statistical analysis, and forensic assessment
- Provide students with directed research and research practicum experiences that will promote and develop professional skills in forensic and legal psychology
- Provide students with the requisite skills to design and analyze quality research projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design
- Quantitative Methods
- Forensic Psychology
- Psychology and Law
- Clinical Assessment
- Multicultural Competence in Psychological Practice
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science Legal Studies View 297 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed application form accompanied by the $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Letter of Intent (two double-spaced pages maximum) describing your interest in Forensic & Legal Psychology, career goals and how you can positively contribute to the graduate program at Roger Williams University
- Official report of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to your potential to succeed in graduate school.
- Research Writing Sample, generally of 10 or more pages in length, demonstrating your ability to prepare, execute, and present your research.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1018 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1018 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.