Students with backgrounds in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related fields are well-positioned to start this degree program. Students having other, less technical backgrounds are eligible for admission but may need to complete a bridge semester of preparation.
Students learn the knowledge, skills, and perspective necessary to address cyber-operations and security issues of private and public business enterprises and governmental organizations.
The Cyber Security program at Valparaiso University is distinctive in a number of ways, including:
- A highly applied approach, with emphasis on hands-on learning
- Requirement of an internship experience or research-based project on campus or at a local firm or agency
- Incorporation of emerging technologies into all coursework
- Emphasis on a collaborative and teamwork approach
- Development of skills in technology leadership
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ethics in Information Technology
- Information Assurance
- Technology, Law, and Society
- IT Risk Management
- Professional and Career Development
- Securing and Administering Systems in Windows Environment
- Securing and Administering Systems in Linux Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 205 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Earn a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all undergraduate and/or graduate coursework
- Submit all required documents for domestic or international citizenship
- Valpo’s graduate application
- Official transcripts from all university courses you’ve taken
- Two recommendation letters from professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that describes why you are applying to Valpo, your interest in the degree program, and how it affects your personal and professional development
- Application fee
International12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24296 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Valparaiso
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.