The role of governance is to set out the rules within which an organisation must operate - and to ensure those rules are observed. Its focus is on a range of issues concerning the proper management of organisations. Corporate governance is thus central to the evolution of strategy and policy - and hence, effective management.
This Corporate Governance and Business Ethics (Part-Time) programme at Birkbeck, University of London provides a critical, research-based understanding of key issues in corporate governance and ethics. It is relevant to directors and non-executive board members, managers, consultants and those interested in governance, corporate social responsibility and ethics in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- Benefits from the involvement of a number of leading figures in the field, including members of national and international committees on corporate governance, shareholder activists and NGO representatives. We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Programme teaching is underpinned by the work of the London Centre for Corporate Governance and Ethics.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in local and national government, business and industry. Possible professions include management consultant, human resources officer, or marketing executive. This degree can also be useful in becoming a Civil Service fast streamer, retail manager, or sales executive.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Responsibility
- International Business Ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Philosophy & Ethics Corporate Communication View 200 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.