We will consider the theoretical foundations of managing business innovation, but we will also look at real-life applications of this theory, the realities of contemporary professional practice, and how you can encourage, nurture and manage innovation. This combination of practical insight and analysis of real-world issues will enhance your career development and equip you for a range of management roles.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Business Innovation at Birkbeck, University of London will give you a deep understanding of the importance of innovation for rethinking a range of ideas, issues and structures within management, including business strategy, corporate assets, intellectual property rights, institutions, organisations and firms, entrepreneurship, and globalisation in a changing world. You will develop topical, focused and practical insights into the fundamentals of business innovation, including the technological aspects and associated business models and working patterns.
If you wish to continue with your studies, you will be automatically accepted on to our MSc Business Innovation with Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, or MSc Business Innovation with E-business.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, Birkbeck's Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers, as well as enthusiastic teachers, and they regularly publish cutting-edge research. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go in to careers in the creative industries, media businesses, and other, non-media-related, industries. Possible professions include arts administrator, multimedia specialist, or advertising account executive. This degree may also be useful in non-media-related industries such as banking and finance, as well as in becoming a community arts worker.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Innovation Systems: Networks and Social Capital
- Innovation: Management and Policy
- Digital Business
- Digital Creativity and New Media Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 771 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6260 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4060 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4060 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.