The Masters of Business Administration at Central Saint Martins and Birkbeck, University of London challenges the orthodox business school approach to education, and instead focuses on cross-disciplinary collaboration. You will become a new type of business graduate: one who can combine genuinely creative thinking and innovation with core financial and strategic management skills.
The aim of the programme is to develop professional networks and to work collaboratively to make positive change happen. We will devise projects and offer live opportunities with external partners to do this.
- Our MBA's radical approach lies in its philosophy: deep research and analysis leading to real, root-and-branch, change.? This programme places tools and concepts in context, combining design thinking and creative problem solving with rigorous academic content.
- You will benefit from the combined strengths of two highly regarded institutions, in the central London locations of King’s Cross and Bloomsbury, offering access to an expansive and supportive international network.
- The cross-disciplinary approach will prepare you for complex and ever-changing business environments allowing you to develop critical thinking, decision-making, emotional intelligence, negotiation and creative cognitive flexibility.
- The MBA embraces the different perspectives of your cohort comprising students from a variety of professional industries and international cultures. Your colleagues will reframe problems and challenge the status quo.
Careers and Employability
The World Economic Forum consulted business leaders from major global organisations for its The Future of Jobs Report. It concluded that the 10 skills that an employee will need are:
- complex problem solving
- critical thinking
- people management
- coordinating with others
- emotional intelligence
- judgement and decision making
- service orientation
- cognitive flexibility.
The MBA embeds these in its curriculum.
The programme aims to prepare graduates for the next step in their career, whether it be a transformational senior management role within their current industry, or a new role in a completely new field of work. Entrepreneurial students are encouraged to set up their own businesses.
The emphasis on positive transformation, and a socially motivated desire to change the world, coupled with a solid understanding of business and management, will create graduates who are keen to bring about fundamental innovation and systemic change.
With this MBA, students will be able to transfer their skills within their current industry, or across industries. With developed managerial competences and innovation practice, graduates will be able to seek employment or further their career opportunities in positions that apply design thinking to complex problems, and take a holistic view of business issues. With developed leadership capacities, they will be able to combine 'thinking' and 'doing' with robust knowledge and application in organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Provocation and Enquiry
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Effecting Change: Collaboration in Practice
- Extended Live Project or Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 777 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Central Saint Martins Birkbeck MBA applicants must have a second-class honours degree (2:2) or above and usually at least three years' relevant work and/or professional experience, but we will look at exceptional candidates with less.
- Applicants without an honours degree but with a substantial number of years' work experience will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.