Arts Policy and Management (Part-time) at Birkbeck, University of London plays a vital role in designing, shaping and supporting the arts, helping to ensure that access, freedom and equality are achieved across all aspects of the cultural sector.
Making the most of our central London location, you can take advantage of one of the largest concentrations of art spaces, cultural organisations and festivals, with the British Museum, Wellcome Gallery, Bloomsbury Festival and West End theatres, and a wealth of other museums and galleries within walking distance. For those who want to deepen their sector experience, we offer a placement module that encourages students to work on their own research interests within an arts organisation. Past students have had valuable experiences in organisations ranging from the Greater London Authority to the Hackney Museum, and from the Big Dance Project to the Wallace Collection.
Careers and Employability
Graduates of the Postgraduate Certificate in Arts Policy and Management at Birkbeck, University of London can pursue careers in the creative arts, education and museums/galleries. Possible professions include higher education lecturer, museum/gallery curator, or arts administrator. This degree may also be useful in becoming a community arts worker or multimedia specialist.
- Understanding Arts Policy and Management
- Research Methods in Media and Cultural Studies
- Arts Management, Sustainability and Urban Development
- Arts Policy and Management Work Placement
- Audiences: Communities, Participation and Learning
- Comparative Cultural Policies
- Creating a Public. Museums and their audiences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesProject Management Visual Arts Management Studies View 576 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birkbeck, University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have a second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in an arts subject, or in any subject together with experience of administration/management in an arts/cultural organisation, or three years’ relevant experience, for example in a senior management role in an arts/cultural organisation.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- The application form
- Your personal details
- Your qualifications
- Your work experience
- Your personal statement
- Statistical information
- English proficiency
International5460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3010 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3010 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.