The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling degree at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is offered by the School of Rehabilitation Services and Counseling in the College of Health Affairs. The program focuses on an integration of theory, skill and practice in counseling, specializing in working with persons with disabilities.
- Students are prepared with the education needed to successfully function as a professional rehabilitation counselor and are required to complete a 100‐hour supervised practicum and a 600‐hour supervised internship to learn and practice the necessary skills to work as a professional counselor.
- The Master's degree is a minimum 60‐semester hour program. Students are required to pass a comprehensive examination before graduation.
- Foundations in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Ethics, Legal and Professional Issues in Clinical Rehabilitation
- Case Management in Rehabilitation
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- Group Counseling in Rehabilitation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a related field. Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement. Submission of a double‐spaced, two‐page, typed essay as to why you want to pursue a master’s degree in clinical rehabilitation counseling and become a counselor. Applicants must include educational and career goals, knowledge concerning cultural sensitivity and any pertinent personal characteristics deemed appropriate. Please include information about professional/work experience related to the field of rehabilitation and past interactions involving individuals with disabilities (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly).
- One letter of recommendation from an employer and one letter of recommendation from a former professor.
International27083 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54167 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National27083 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54167 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State14813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29627 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.