Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Gallaudet University is a unique opportunity for well-trained counselors to find work in a growing array of mental health jobs that meet the unique needs of the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
Graduates with Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Gallaudet University will:
- demonstrate knowledge and skills related to counseling needs of culturally and linguistically diverse deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing, including etiology, diagnosis (including co-occurring disorders), assessment, treatment, and prevention of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders,
- be able to communicate effectively with others, express themselves in writing, and can accurately interpret research and apply it to practice.
- show sensitivity, genuineness, and positive regard for others, practice high levels of self-awareness, and demonstrate a commitment to personal growth and on-going professional development.
- comprehend legal and ethical standards pertaining to mental health counselors and consistently integrate an ethical decision making model into their professional work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture, Identity & the American Deaf Community
- Emotional & Behavioral Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Family Therapy
- Psychopharmacology for Counselors
- Organization and Administration of Human Service Programs
- Group Psychotherapy
- Crisis and Trauma Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Counselling Clinical Psychology View 889 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Interview, in person or by Videophone, with program faculty is required
- American Sign Language proficiency at a level sufficient to successfully complete the Admissions Interview.
- Four (4) personal essays (two in written English and the other two in ASL)
- Nine undergraduate or graduate credits in Psychology; each course must be completed with a grade of "B" or better
- Competence in the English language
- A completed Graduate School Application Form, including payment of the $75 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work, to be sent by the college or university directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- At least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average (GPA) in undergraduate and previous graduate work.
International27270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27270 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18180 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- International students (Developing countries): $27,270 per year
- International students (Non-Developing countries): $36,360 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.