All linguists know how different the world may look through the prism of different languages. This difference sometimes makes us curious and attracted to an unknown culture, or may give ground to intercultural misunderstandings and miscommunication, or even complete failure. The cause of misunderstanding is the dissimilar cultural or ethnic-specific images of the world investigated by Russian Ethnopsycholinguistics since the early 1970s.
The program in Psycholinguistics of Intercultural Communication from the Sechenov University is implemented in cooperation with the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Science, Department of Psycholinguistics. Students have the unique opportunity to gain first-hand information from founding Russian scholars in the field.
- The program aims to train professionals to operate in an international context, in any field where intercultural skills are in demand. Graduates will be qualified for employment in the international job market in both public and private sector, including working for/in:
- international organizations; public administration; education; multinational companies; trade; tourism; local and national governments; international research projects and other fields where intercultural sensitivity is a key requirement.
- Gaining the Master’s Degree that focuses on Psycholinguistics of Intercultural Communication from Sechenov University may also serve as a springboard into further studies of Intercultural Communication and obtaining a Ph.D. degree (Candidate of Science in Linguistics) from the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, opening an academic carrier for graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum heavily relies on the works of leading Russian psycholinguists: Aleksei Leont’ev, Juriy Sorokin, Evgeniy Tarasov, Natalia Ufimtseva, Irina Markovina and fellow researchers.
- Based on the Theory of Linguistic Image of the World and the Lacuna Theory, students will develop their own effective communication strategies to overcome barriers in the path of mutual understanding and cooperation. They will investigate cases from varying cross-cultural settings including professional fields such as business, medicine, law, mass media, and so on.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- submission of online application: - from 01.02, ongoing
- submission of the documents (hard copies) - from 20.06 till 31.07
- final date for the entrance exam - 05.08 (from 24.06 till 05.08)
- decision on the admission - 16.08
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Language Studies Linguistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Provide a primary e-application
- Provide originals of the documents
- Pass entry examinations
- Sign a contract and pay a tuition fee
- Start education in time
International3910 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3910 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3910 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3910 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.