Candidates may elect one of two options to complete the Master of Arts degree in interdisciplinary studies with a concentration in history:
Option I: Thesis Option
- Thirty hours with 18 hours in history, including HIST 6300, and the thesis. Candidates must select the remaining 12 hours from two or more related fields such as Political Science, Sociology, English, Economics, Spanish, Education, Business, etc.
Option II: Non-Thesis Option
- Students will take 18 hours in history, with no more than half at the 5,000 level. Candidates must select the remaining 18 hours from two or more related fields, with no more than 12 hours in one area. Candidates must also pass a comprehensive examination administered by the department
More informationVisit official programme website
- Readings in U.S. History prior to 1877
- Readings in U.S. History after 1877
- Readings of the History of the West
- Readings in U.S. History –Special Topics
- Readings in Medieval/Early Modern European History
- Readings in Modern European History
- Readings in European History – Special Topics
- Readings in Latin American History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory View 488 other Masters in History in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent with 24 hours of undergraduate history courses, half of which must be at the upper- division level.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- GRE General Test. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International31796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15898 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7598 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.