The curriculum of the Health Informatics program of the University of Minnesota consists of 31 credits of coursework, including a final capstone. Students take a sequence of core informatics courses and add electives to specialize their degree. We also offer two dual degrees, the PharmD and the MD/MHI.
To serve as the academic home for health informatics professional students pursuing a Master of Science in Health Informatics. It will provide a thorough, broad-based, cutting-edge, high-quality educational program that facilitates initial entry and advancement in the health informatics workforce and/or prepare them for doctoral studies in the field.
A workforce of trained health informatics professionals with skills in the information and healthcare sciences who are contributing to solving important problems in health.
- Health Informatics
- Applied Health Care Databases: Database Principles and Data Evaluation
- Clinical Informatics and Patient Safety
- Health Care Analytics and Data Science
- Population Health Informatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Health Informatics View 452 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- At least a 3.0 undergrad GPA (Please include unofficial transcripts for all undergraduate courses taken.)
- At least a 3.0 GPA for any post-baccalaureate degrees (Please include unofficial transcripts for all graduate courses taken.)
- 6 semester-credits or 9 quarter-credits in life or health sciences
- Programming language course or experience- Experience must be explained and uploaded in "additional materials" section in the application.
- The GRE is optional for the application cycle for all degrees
- Complete demographic, educational history, and work history fields of application
- Personal statement explaining why you want a degree in informatics
- Transcripts for all post-secondary courses
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Application fee ($75 for US citizens/permanent residents; $95 for international applicants)
- English scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB) are required for all applicants
International29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
National29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State19754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19754 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.