There are many different types of post-baccalaureate programs across the country that can help prepare students to matriculate into medical school.
The program is also appropriate for career changers and non-science majors who have already taken the MD prerequisite courses.
Since 1995, the Medical Master's program from Eastern Virginia Medical School has helped 88% to 93% of our students successfully place themselves in the entering classes of allopathic and osteopathic medical schools across the nation. Please note: the percentages below are running totals, not first-year numbers. For example, the Class of 2015 percentage includes those who were accepted directly after the program as well as the following 2 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Foundational Sciences
- Clinical Anatomy Foundations
- The General Mechanisms of Disease
- The Skin, Muscle and Bone
- Gastrointestinal System and Metabolism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1582 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
- Applicants from rural or other underserved regions and those who have been disadvantaged or underrepresented for economic, racial or social reasons, and who possess the motivation and aptitude required for the study of medicine, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All courses to fulfill the degree requirements for the Medical Master's program must be taken at EVMS. No credit will be given for courses taken at another institution.
International37062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37062 USD per year during 24 months.
National37062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37062 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State34226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34226 USD per year during 24 months.
- In-state: Year 1 $34,226 & Year 2 $32,929
- Out-of-state: Year 1 $37,062 & Year 2 $35,765
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.