You will also take weekly composition lessons and have the opportunity to participate in master classes as part of our Karel Husa Visiting Professor of Composition series. That series has brought to campus such artists as Christopher Rouse, George Crumb, John Corigliano, John Harbison, and Chen Yi.
Toward the end of your residency, you will present a full recital of your works. You will also be required to submit a formal thesis, which must be a composition of large proportion for chamber ensemble, orchestra, wind ensemble, or chorus with instrumental ensemble. We also encourage performance of your thesis.
Graduates of this Composition program from Ithaca College are admitted to prestigious doctoral programs throughout the country or continue their work in other professional arenas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bibliography and Research in Music
- Independent Research in Analysis of Music Since 1945
- Analytical Techniques
- Applicants must submit the online Graduate Application and $40 application fee. Assistantship applicants must indicate their intentions on the online application.
- All applicants must submit the Audition Form to schedule an audition or interview with the School of Music. There are pre-screening audition requirements for Voice applicants to M.M. in Performance & M.M. in Music Education, as well as M.M. in Composition & M.M. in Conducting applicants
- Personal Statements
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Musical Résumé
International919 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 919 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National919 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 919 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.