Research in the Department of Geology and Geological Engineering at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology is organized around three themes: Earth and Life History, Energy and Natural Resources, and Geohazards and Environment. Additional information is available on theDepartment’s Research Page.
The available coursework and current faculty expertise support the following areas of concentration:
- Energy Resources
- GIS, Geoinformatics, and Remote Sensing
- Groundwater and Environment
- Petrology and Mineral Resources
- Structure, Tectonics, and Geodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 261 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Applicant files will not be considered for acceptance until all of the required application materials are received. Applications completed by the deadlines listed will, in most cases, receive a decision within one month or less of the deadline.
- Applications for campus enrollment can be considered after the stated deadlines in most programs, but timely admittance and/or funding may be affected. Self-funded international applicants are typically considered up to 90 days prior to the semester start date (60 days for domestic U.S. applicants)
International14525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14525 USD per year during 12 months.
National14525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14525 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.