The Electrical Engineering from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology covers the foundational topics of applied electromagnetics, controlled and autonomous robotic systems, swarm intelligence, power electronics and systems, communications, and networking.
Graduates experience rewarding careers in aerospace, automotive, robotics, electronics, communication systems, alternative energy, manufacturing and industrial automation, and power. Graduates find opportunities with Black Hills Energy, Honeywell, NASA, Daktronics, and Raytheon Technologies, to name a few.
- Faculty and students drive research in these areas, networking, robotics, control theory, electronic materials, organic electronic devices (OLED, solar cells), wireless communications, antennas, and smart grids, to name a few.
- Additionally, active research projects tackle autonomous systems, including autonomous underwater vehicles (UAV), unmanned ground vehicles (UGV), and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Most programs accept applications after the stated deadlines. International- up to 90 days prior to the start date (60 days-domestic U.S. applicants).
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1094 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed application form. Submit Online
- $35.00 application fee, payable online by credit card at the time of application
- Official transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended. Transcripts must be sent directly by the issuing institution. Documents can be sent electronically or by postal mail. Transcripts sent directly by the applicant are not accepted. Scanned copies are not accepted. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is typically required; students with exceptional ability may apply with less than 3.0 GPA.
- One page statement of purpose/personal statement of goals and research interests.
- GRE score report: The South Dakota Mines school code is 6652. A department copy is not required. Scores of 50% or higher are recommended; strong quantitative scores are expected.
- Three letters of recommendation
International14664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14664 USD per year during 24 months.
National14664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14664 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8520 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.