Both the master of science and doctor of philosophy degrees are cross-disciplinary degrees. The objective of the Biomedical Engineering program from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is to prepare a student for research and development careers in biomedical industry and further research at the doctoral level. The PhD program will prepare a student for a career as a researcher who advances the frontiers of biomedical science and engineering with attention to generating new ideas for commercialization.
Current focus areas of faculty activity within the program are biomaterials; bioimaging (instrumentation, methods and visualization); biomechanics (experimental and computational modeling/simulations), assistive technology/rehabilitation engineering, and tissue engineering. Students in these programs will be associated with one or more of several departments, research centers and laboratories.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Anatomy and Physiology for Engineers
- Molecular Biology for Engineers
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis in Biological Engineering 3
- Design of Experiments
- Applied Design of Experiments for the Chemical Industry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 348 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed application form. Submit Online
- $35.00 application fee, payable online by credit card at the time of application
- Official transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended. Transcripts must be sent directly by the issuing institution. Documents can be sent electronically or by postal mail. Transcripts sent directly by the applicant are not accepted. Scanned copies are not accepted. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is typically required; students with exceptional ability may apply with less than 3.0 GPA.
- One page statement of purpose/personal statement of goals and research interests.
- GRE score report: The South Dakota Mines school code is 6652. A department copy is not required. Scores of 50% or higher are recommended; strong quantitative scores are expected.
- Three letters of recommendation
International14664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14664 USD per year during 24 months.
National14664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14664 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8520 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.