The online MA in International Relations programme from Queen Mary University of London you will have the chance to study topics like contemporary world politics, international security or international political economy.
Expand your knowledge by delving into the complexities of war in a global context, gain an insight into the practices of US foreign policy and learn how globalisation has changed international relations.
You’ll study all these without affecting your career or family life. This English taught online programme doesn’t involve time and location restrictions.
- Master of arts – 4 modules, dissertation, 180 credits
- Postgraduate diploma – 4 modules, 120 credits
- Postgraduate certificate – 2 modules, 60 credits
Why choose this programme?
- You will be taught by industry experts who are involved at global level in their field on activity
- It’s an opportunity to develop your abilities and knowledge
- Solid foundation for a future academic career
- Learn about usual and emergent challenges in international relations
- Take part on discussions about the historical importance of globalisation and how is it related to international relations.
Teaching and Assessment
The faculty aim to answer your questions and to debate current topics using dynamic and flexible content.
The research capacities of QMUL in the political area are well known, especially in topics like politics of the developing world, globalisation and development, conflict and war, migration and transnational mobility, security and critical and post-colonial theory.
During your studies, you’ll benefit from webinars, online tutorials and forums, which are meant to encourage participant to discuss on various topics of interest.
Assessment usually consists of a research essay or critical evaluation. At the end of the MA, a dissertation is required. It involves in-depth research on a topic that you will choose with the supervisor.
The skills and knowledge gained from this programme make students eligible for many job opportunities. International Relations graduates are able to combine theoretical understanding, rigorous debate, independent research, self-reflection and critical evaluation.
This valuable ability makes them attractive for employers. Graduates from our programmes progress to diverse positions of responsibility in government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), international organisations and the not-for-profit sector as well as broader roles in the media and finance sector.
Some examples of employers of former students are:
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society
- Alliance for Peacebuilding
- United Nations – Perú
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World Politics: Theories, Concepts, Themes
- International Security: War and Peace in a Global Context
- Themes and Cases in US Foreign Policy
- Globalisation and the International Political Economy of Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 41 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be eligible for the International Relations programme, you should have:
- A minimum of an upper second-class honours degree in politics or a related discipline.*
* We may consider graduates with a minimum of an upper second class-honours degree in another subject with either additional relevant qualifications or work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
£12,900 (MA); £8,600 (PGDip); £4,300 (PGCert)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.