Healing Through Harmony
Two tracks in the Loyola University New Orleans master of Music Therapy degree program are offered: Traditional graduate degree, and graduate and equivalency for those without an undergraduate degree in music therapy.
- Designed to provide opportunities for advanced clinical, supervisory, and methodological knowledge.
- An equivalency program leading to certification in music therapy and an M.M.T. degree are also available to students with a non-music therapy undergraduate degree.
- You will be taught by music therapists who are engaged in clinical practice, research, writing, and advocacy.
- Music Therapy Research
- Advanced Music Therapy Practicum
- Music Therapy Supervision and Education
- Advanced Music Therapy Models
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Health Sciences View 2355 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A completed application for graduate admission
- Undergraduate baccalaureate degree in music, or a closely related field with a minor in music
- Résumé: Provide a current resume, including relevant work experience
- 2 Recommendation Forms - Recommendation forms should be completed by your college professors or employer (someone in a supervisory capacity)
- Audition: Please be aware that admission to the master's degrees in the College of Music requires that applicants complete a successful audition. The audition/interview application can be found at the following website: Audition Requirements >>
- The College of Music must receive audition/interview applications at least four weeks prior to the selected date.
- Statement of Educational goals (500-word essay) addressing the questions:
- How do you think a Masters of Music Therapy will enhance your academic and/or professional career?
- What do you hope to gain by being part of Loyola's graduate program?
International29448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.