Give yourself the extra edge in performingThe Music in Performance degree at Loyola University New Orleans is designed for students who wish to teach applied music at an advanced level. Concentration may be elected in voice, organ, harpsichord, piano, church music, or any orchestral instrument.
For the exceptional singer, Loyola offers the essential vocal training needed to advance into professional and educational settings.
Our voice faculty is a diverse body that brings the highest level of professionalism and performing experience. Graduates are well prepared for professional careers in opera, higher education, and other teaching roles. The Music in Performance program is offered by Loyola University New Orleans .
On campus, performance opportunities abound. The Loyola Chorale, Chamber Singers, and University Chorus perform demanding repertoire and afford chances for solos. Pick up stage experience with the Loyola Opera Theatre or through a paid engagement in a local church. Loyola students also have the opportunity to perform, by audition, secondary roles with the New Orleans Opera Association and other music theater organizations in the New Orleans area.
- 30 hours of coursework to complete degree.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for graduate admission
- Undergraduate baccalaureate degree in music
- Official transcripts of all college work attempted (undergraduate, graduate, professional)
- Current résumé, including relevant work experience
- Statement of Educational goals (200-word essay) addressing the questions:
- How do you think a Masters in Music Performance will enhance your academic and/or professional background?
- What expectations do you hope to realize by earning a Masters in Music Performance at Loyola?
- What do you bring to the Masters of Music Performance program?
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Completed successful audition
International24540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 818 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.