This online PG Dip delves into key topics within infection control including microbiology, immunology, public health and communicable disease control. You will gain a thorough understanding of the nature of communicable disease and how to develop strategies for surveillance, control and prevention. At the end of the course, you will be able to continue your studies and advance onto the full Masters programme.
PG Dip Infection Control teaching methods
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
PG Dip Infection Control assessment methods
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres; instead you will submit written assignments through the VLE. For the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system which allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
PG Dip Infection Control career prospects
Achieving this PG Dip will demonstrate you have valuable specialist knowledge and that you’re committed to professional development. You could unlock senior positions in infection control, environmental health and many other healthcare professions. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto our MSc Infection Control.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study the following modules on the PG Dip Infection Control:
- Introduction to Medical Microbiology and Immunology*
- Communicable Disease Control*
- Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement*
- Research Methods*
- Advanced Practice in Healthcare
- Health Promotion
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 150 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our PG Dip Infection Control, which consider academic or work-based experience.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
You must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ post-registration experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7482 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
National5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7482 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
This fee excludes any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where applicable, the University is required to add the sales tax.
Our PG Dip Infection Control tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay the full course fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.**
- Postgraduate student loans are available in England for the full Masters degrees only.
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.