An understanding of the key components of international trade is useful in a range of roles, including management of a multi-national company and practicing law within an international firm.
Many undergraduate law courses do not explore these topics, therefore this course is an excellent way to differentiate your CV and your skillset.
- the remit, procedures and operation of the World Trade Organisation
- competition law and how it is implemented at a national and international level
- the main issues that arise in international sales of goods transactions
Working with others through our online learning platform, you will develop your skills in areas such as time management, research, report writing, team work and communication.
These transferable skills will add to the benefit your new qualification gives you, and you will also have the opportunity to continue your study on our PG Dip or full Masters degree.
The specialist legal knowledge you will gain is of particular use to those working within roles connected to global commerce, such as a lawyer within an international law firm, a multinational company doing business across borders, a governmental organisation regulating trade, or a research position looking into the future of business.
The skills you gain will further enhance your CV to unlock senior role possibilities.
Qualified solicitors or barristers will also be able to use the skills and knowledge gained from studying the course to meet their annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching methods and style
- Essex Online is a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art Virtual Learning Environment to deliver teaching, resources and assessments. The system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and listen to and view live lectures and seminars.
- You are supported throughout your course by a dedicated Student Adviser and have opportunities to regularly interact with fellow students and your tutor. To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, University of Essex Online caps the class sizes at 20 students.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Commerce Retail Management View 57 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Senior level work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3741 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3741 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.