The Art History MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University can be studied either one year full-time or two years part-time. The taught part of the course is delivered through lectures, seminars, and practical exercises. During semester three (June-September), you will arrange your level of contact time with your assigned dissertation supervisor.
The range of posts to which our graduates progress widens all the time. Our alumni have gone on to work:
- For designing companies
- In museums and galleries
- As art teachers
- On education programmes in galleries
- In gallery assistant posts
- producing family-based learning activities in galleries and museums
- Artworld: Contemporary Practice in Context
- Research Project
- Vocational Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.1 (UK) (or above) in a related subject.
- Applicants are also required to provide a copy of an undergraduate dissertation, extended essay or a published article, together with a statement of the specific area(s) of interest in art history.
- Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.