The Master of Science (MS) in Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner at the Adelphi University focuses on preparing you to work in this growing area of specialization in healthcare. The curriculum integrates theoretical knowledge with diagnostic and treatment skills while exploring the issues and forces within the healthcare delivery system.
During the program, you will work closely with advanced practice nurses and other health professionals in a variety of clinical settings.
Why Should I Enroll?
- State-of-the-art, 18,000-square-foot clinical simulation laboratory with the latest education technology, housed in the College of Nursing and Public Health’s new Nexus Building and Welcome Center
- Part-time online, blended and in-person courses that cater to the full-time working professional
- Side-by-side experience with nurse practitioner faculty
- Individualized educational planning and advisement
- Variety of clinical settings, including community health clinics, health maintenance organizations, specialty clinics, correctional facilities and private medical practices
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Through a comprehensive curriculum that uses traditional and online classroom settings, simulated experiences and clinical training, you will develop strong primary care knowledge and clinical reasoning skills while completing course work in the care of adolescents, adults and the elderly.
- The program is built on a strong foundation of core courses, including theory, statistics, research and health policy, all taught by expert faculty. Some nurse practitioner courses include advanced pathophysiology, pharmacology and physical assessment.
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 685 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Current New York State RN license
- Official transcripts showing a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and B or above in all science and nursing classes
- Final transcript documenting a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited four-year institution
- A 500-word, typed essay on your reasons for applying to the program
- Two letters of recommendation, from master’s prepared nurses or above only, with credentials included.
International1310 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1310 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National1310 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1310 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.