The Special Education program from Lewis and Clark College was designed by a collaborative team of public school special educators and college faculty to provide a highly practical, skill-based program based on current research for educators interested in serving students with special needs. Faculty members are current or former special educators who have extensive backgrounds in current theories, research, and practice.
In the Special Education Master of Education Program, you will work with leaders in the field to:
- Observe, analyze and document the educational impact of disabilities
- Determine the applicability of scientifically based research to a variety of educational environments
- Analyze and use current assessment strategies
- Learn about instructional practices with demonstrated effectiveness in improving academic achievement and socially acceptable behavior of students with special needs.
- Throughout the program, your knowledge and skills will be applied in school-based special education settings with students receiving special-education services. If applicable, endorsement candidates may use their current special education teaching assignment site as a practicum setting.
Why Study at LC?
The special education program is flexible, respecting the busy schedules of practicing educators, and providing an individualized course of study that accepts credit for a candidate’s previous special education coursework and/or special education experience. Small classes emphasize problem solving and collegial discussions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Advanced Instructional Decision Making
- Effective Program Development for Students with Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Program Development for Students with Severe Needs
- Special Topics Seminar
- Language Acquisition and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Program start date: Ongoing
- Rolling admissions
DisciplinesSpecial Education Educational Research View 695 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($50 nonrefundable application fee is required)
- Official Transcripts
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Teaching License
International18037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.