How Will I Benefit Academically From Taylor’s MAHE Program?
Our faculty is comprised of experienced and highly-qualified professors who wholly invest in their students and the courses they teach. Taylor students are trained using the scholar-practitioner model. Key components of this model are thoughtful research and interactive classroom instruction with faculty and peers. This enables you to gain the knowledge, skills, values, and practical experiences necessary to deliver effective practices in higher education. You will complete a master’s thesis, which provides an excellent opportunity to make a scholarly contribution to the field of higher education. All credit hours are completed on campus in a traditional classroom setting.
What Experience Will I Gain Outside of the Classroom?
At Taylor, we value practical learning through assistantships. Because of this, every full-time MAHE student is guaranteed an assistantship while in the two-year program. This provides incredible learning opportunities and field experience for you as well as the undergraduate students whom you will be leading and serving.
You will also have the unique opportunity to participate in a 2-week study abroad experience in Wales as a capstone to the international higher education course. You will attend the Society for Research in Higher Education conference and annual meetings, and visit universities in the United Kingdom. This experience helps deepen your global understanding in ways that will equip you to serve and support the growing realm of international higher education.
What Makes Taylor’s MAHE Program Unique?
Though you will be entering an academically rigorous environment, you are also entering one of the most supportive and vibrant communities of which you will ever be a part. The sense of camaraderie, care, challenge, and collaboration that occurs among the cohorts of MAHE is truly amazing.
The Higher Education program at Taylor University utilizes the cohort model, providing a distinctive learning experience with a small group of peers. Students come from a variety of institutions including small private colleges, large public universities, and institutions in between. These unique geographical and educational backgrounds bring significant diversity of experiences and perspectives to classroom discussion and interaction and contribute greatly to the cohort model.We see this element as an essential part of how we encourage one another to seek the life to which God has called us. Living life together at Taylor provides educational, personal, relational, and spiritual accountability presenting growth opportunities we need to truly follow Christ.
Taylor partners with these programs for continued quality improvement, disciplinary and professional expectations, and professional preparation in students affairs:
- Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)
- History and Foundations of Higher Education
- Higher Education Research
- Organization, Governance and Culture in Higher Education
- Inquiry in Higher Education
- College Student Mental Health
- Facilitating Student Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Higher Education View 3579 other Masters in Education in United States
- Work Experience (professional, student or other) related to higher education and/or student development
- Personal qualities likely to lend to your success in the field of higher education
- Professional goals
- Educational goals
- You will upload this during the online application.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous undergraduate and graduate institutions to Taylor University via mail (address provided during online application process).
- Submit email addresses for three references: two academic (or one academic, one student leadership) and one pastoral.
International12700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 635 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 635 USD per credit during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.