There are two possible tracks for students in the Master of Education in School Counseling and Preliminary License Program.
Students in this School Counseling program from Lewis and Clark College will leave prepared to:
- Skillfully develop and deliver interventions for students and other individuals in K-12 schools.
- Learn to effectively collaborate with school staff and community members.
- Design and implement a comprehensive school-counseling program as described by the American School Counseling Association National Model.
- Use leadership and advocacy skills to deliver services to ALL students.
- Commit to the life-long learning involved in working with diverse students and communities.
- Understand, analyze, and communicate data-driven decision-making that addresses issues of equity and targets the achievement gap in schools.
What to Expect
The Master of Education in School Counseling and Preliminary License Program focuses on collaboration and dialogue in small-class settings. Courses have a specific school-counseling focus, emphasizing work with children and adolescents in a school setting, and they are taught by a team of faculty with real-world work experience.
Course offerings are based on the Transformed School Counseling Model, which focuses on developing advocacy, leadership, and collaboration skills; encourages understanding of culturally diverse populations and issues of social justice and equity; and emphasizes utilizing data as a means of identifying service needs and program effectiveness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Development and Consultation
- Internship: Academic Development
- Career Development and Consultation
- Personal/Social Development and Consultation
- Internship: Personal/Social Development
- Social Justice, Diversity and Cultural Issues
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- 21 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Research Counselling View 250 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Personal Essay: School Counseling
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 21 months.
National23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.