The Equine Science MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University will enable to use a multidisciplinary approach to explore collaborations with veterinarians, scientists and industrial partners, and you will learn about the latest scientific advances and their application to horses. You will encounter many opportunities to develop as a reflective, autonomous researcher, with a wide and expert understanding of both animal, in particular equine, biology and its applications.
This course will prepare you for a wide range of careers within the equine industry.
Our graduates often progress to careers in:
- Scientific research
- Scientific publishing
- Equine/Animal Nutrition
- Equine/Animal Welfare
- Equine/Animal breeding
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Equine Nutrition
- Equine Reproductive Physiology and Breeding Technology
- Infection and Immunity
- Research Methods in the Biosciences
- Understanding Equine Action: from Anatomy to Behaviour
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 199 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.