Online Dental Hygiene Dental TrackWant to share your knowledge and teach the next generation of hygienists? TheDental Hygiene program of the University of Minnesota might be just the program you're looking for. Courses in this track provide students with the knowledge and skills to teach didactic, clinic, and laboratory courses in dental hygiene programs, conduct research, and assume administrative positions.
Management track - New! Now offered online and on campus!Ready to take your professional career into business or healthcare management? Courses in the Dental Hygiene Management Track provide students with knowledge and skills necessary for positions within the healthcare industry such as sales representatives, managers of marketing and professional relations divisions, managers of large dental clinics, practice management consultants and entrepreneurs.
- Research Methods in Health Sciences
- Instructional Strategies for Effective Teaching
- Administrative Leadership and Professional Development
- Grant Writing for Health Professionals
- The Discipline of Dental Hygiene
- Financial Accounting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 33 credit hours for the education track
- 36-41 credit hours for the management track
DisciplinesPublic Health Dentistry Health Sciences View 1555 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduation from a school or program in dental hygiene accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Management Track - GMAT (minimum 500 score) or GRE required
- One undergraduate statistics course prior to matriculation
- Computer generated essay to include short and long term goals and an explanation of why an advanced degree is of interest
- Current resume
- Three letters of reference
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work
- Copies of dental hygiene license
- Photocopy of CPR certification and immunization status will also be required upon matriculation
- The GMAT or GRE is required for applicants to the Management Track
International16648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1009 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1009 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.