About the Program
Each track of the Computer Science program of the University of Minnesota has a separate set of requirements though the general structure remains the same. Early on in your career as an M.S. graduate student, you will determine which track you would like to pursue and begin to take courses to fulfill requirements for your program.
All M.S. degrees in the Computer Science & Engineering department require a total of 31 credit hours (16 of which must be CSCI courses), a minimum GPA of 3.25, a minimum of 3 breadth requirements courses, and a colloquium. All CSCI credits must be 5000 level or above, and at least 3 of the total credits must be from an 8000 level CSCI course.
- User Interface Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Operating Systems
- Analysis of Numerical Algorithms
- Human-Computer Interaction and User Interface Technology
- Recommender Systems
- Distributed Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 508 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- A candidate should demonstrate their research potential and interest within their application materials
- Applicants interested in a Plan C (coursework only) should explain their long term career goals within industry
- A candidate must have a 4 year or equivalent undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- A candidate must have a prior undergraduate or graduate degree in a major with a substantial background in computer science & engineering
- A candidate must have a demonstrated ability to maintain a 3.25 GPA or greater
- Language scores should reflect a strong command of the English language and meet the university operational standard
- Personal statement/statement of purpose
- Diversity statement (This is only required of domestic applicants)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
International28344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28344 USD per year during 12 months.
National28344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28344 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.