Graduates have the knowledge and skills needed to successfully work and collaborate with other medical professionals to optimize the activity and wellness of patients and clients in sport, work, and life.
The Slippery Rock University Athletic Training Graduate Program is structured to provide students with real-world learning experiences and clinical reasoning. For example, the knowledge and skills related to evaluation and rehabilitation were traditionally taught in separate courses. However, at SRU, essential professional knowledge and skills are integrated together into combined courses.
Athletic training graduates can work in more than just sports. Graduates also find careers as athletic trainers in schools, businesses, medical facilities, and the performing arts. This industry typically pays well, especially for those with graduate degrees. The state of Pennsylvania features one of the highest employment rates for athletic trainers in the country.
Graduates have gone on to work with organizations such as Boeing and the Atlanta Falcons. There are also many high-level internships both locally and across the country.
- Foundations in Athletic Training
- Athletic Training Techniques
- Research in Athletic Training
- Clinically-Oriented Anatomy in Athletic Training
- Lower Extremity Pathology and Intervention in Athletic Training
- Upper Extremity Pathology and Intervention in Athletic Training
- General Medicine and Pharmacology Concepts in Athletic Training
- Clinical Kinesiology in Athletic Training
- Head and Spine Pathology and Intervention in Athletic Training
- Diverse Interventions in Athletic Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Sports Sciences View 572 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Slippery Rock University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree (4+2) or completion of the first three years of an approved 3+2 Pre-Athletic Training Concentration
- Two References
- One reference should be from an academic advisor or instructor.
- One reference should be from a health care provider; an Athletic Trainer is preferred.
- Evidence of 50 hours of clinical observation/shadowing with an athletic trainer.
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3096 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Grove City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.