Scholarship is also at the core of the craft of teaching the Science Education (Biology Chemistry Physics or Earth Science) at Adelphi University. We can only help others learn when we value learning deeply. It’s also necessary to study both the art of learning and a primary discipline.
We recognize learning as a sociocultural dynamic rather than a simple accumulation of information and skills, so we frame our learning and service within the cultural, historical, and material contexts of the diverse populations of the New York metropolitan area.
- Critical Literacy in Mathematics and Science Education
- Foundations of Education
- Exploring the Arts (choose one with adviser)
- Instruction and Assessment In Science Education
- Inquiry and Expression: Literacy Across the Curric: Math and Sciences
- The Adolescent Experience
- Teaching Science in the Secondary Inclusive Classroom
- Managing Inclusive Environments
- Master's Seminar in Adolescence Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry Biology View 893 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A personal statement or essay
- Official high school transcripts
- Official copies of your score on the required SAT or the American College Test, ACT (Please note that the Writing section of the ACT is optional)
- One or more letters of recommendation
- An admissions interview
- Academic record of coursework
- Level of achievement
- Standardized Testing (SAT or ACT)
- College level coursework credentials
- Proof of graduation
International1375 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1375 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1375 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1375 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.