The Remote Sensing and GIS MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University has a strong vocational aspect and offers an integration of cutting-edge theory and practical application.
Remote Sensing Masters are offered through the collaboration of three world-class institutes at the university, giving students access to this collective expertise and experience as well as to superb departmental facilities.
Our alumni have taken positions with UK and international government bodies, private enterprises and leading research establishments. This MSc in Remote Sensing and GIS will open up a diverse range of careers for its students.
By studying this course, you will be a highly competent contributor to any work relating to:
- climate change
- human impacts on terrestrial ecosystems
- coastal change
- carbon cycle science
- Advanced Research Skills: Science Communication And Data Analysis
- Advanced Skills In Geographic Information Systems
- Advanced Skills In Remote Sensing
- Applied Geospatial Skills In Industry
- Remote Sensing And Gis
- Remote Sensing Issues
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 111 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.