At this Wildlife Management in Tropics and Subtropics program at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague you will get the knowledge and practical skills in animal production, highlighting the use of local species and breeds, feeding animals with local crops and processing the dung/litter, respecting ecological, social and behavioural needs of animals. Animal breeding for production respects local cultural heritage and traditions, providing high quality animal protein for balanced human diet through thoroughly processed and safely stored products.
A solid theoretical background from zoology, behaviour, genetics and resource use provides a backbone for practical skills in terms of conservation of reptiles, birds, small and large mammals. You will be ready to design a conservation programme for animal species, manage a protected area, and take responsible decisions in terms of conservation breeding in a zoo or any other ex situ and in situ facility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Resource Ecology
- Processing and Interpretation of Biological Data
- Human-Wildlife Conflict – Production Perspective
- Animal Behaviour
- Molecular Ecology
- Practical Training – Animal Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Natural Resource Management Genetics View 3 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In addition to a duly completed application, a handling fee of 500, - CZK shall be paid, via payment card
- All applicants shall be informed by e-mail about the entrance examination at least 30 days before the date of the exam.
- Candidates have to bring ID (or a passport) to the admission exam.
- Information for Foreign Applicants
- A supplementary round of entrance examinations
International180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 180 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 180 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fees in national currency: 5 000 CZK
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.