With a strong emphasis on theory, research and practicum experience, the Childhood Education and TESOL master’s program from Canisius College will prepare you to meet the needs of young English language learners. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the psychological and social factors that affect second language learning. You will also learn techniques that have proven effective when teaching students from a variety of backgrounds and for whom English is not their first language. This program combines course content from the Childhood (Grades 1-6) and the TESOL (Grades K-12) program. You will earn initial certification in Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) and TESOL (Grades K-12).
DistinctionsThis comprehensive program features inclusive strategies related to linguistics, literacy and second language acquisition.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Classroom Management
- Inclusive Strategies
- Linguistics, Literacy, & Second Language Acquisition
- Literacy and the Arts in the Elementary Classroom
- Child Abuse Workshop
- Curriculum, Assessment, & Methods of Teaching Native Language Arts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- National - Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
- International - at least 30 days prior to the start date
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 197 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Free Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation - letters can be personal, professional or academic references
- Transcripts from the institution you have, or will be receiving, your degree from - unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 undergraduate GPA will undergo additional review
- Test Scores - all applicants seeking initial certification will be required to submit one of the following tests: either the SAT, ACT, GRE, or MAT
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 860 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 860 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.