Why earn your MSN-FNP online at Bellarmine University?
Family Nurse Practitioner take health histories and provide complete physical examinations; diagnose and treat many common acute and chronic problems; interpret laboratory results and X-rays; prescribe and manage medications and other therapies; provide health teaching and supportive counseling with an emphasis on prevention of illness and health maintenance; and refer patients to other health professionals as needed. Students will complete selected clinical practica as part of this curriculum.
We also offer a post-master's FNP option for those with a Master of Science in Nursing in another area. Post-master's applicants should apply here.
Upon successful completion of the FNP track requirements graduates are eligible to apply for certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Health Policy
- Transition to Advanced Practice
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health
- Healthcare Professions Education Practicum
- Healthcare Administration
- Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education
- Advanced Physical Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 365 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- BSN from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- Two professional references. Recommendations from friends, other students, or co-workers are not appropriate. The strongest recommendations are from Nurse Practitioners, managers, directors, professors or others in a supervisory capacity. Please use the electronic reference form at Nursing CAS.
- Goal statement: The goal statement is your opportunity to tell us (as specifically as you can at this time) about your career plans after you finish your master’s degree.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice nursing in Kentucky and/or compact states. We will verify your license via the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
International16555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.