- The MEd in Special Education is a 36-semester-hour program beyond the baccalaureate degree. It features a 12-hour core that includes 6 hours of course work in research and analysis and 6 hours in foundational special education content (i.e., legal issues, applied learning theory).
- For the remaining coursework, candidates select from the aforementioned two areas of specialization. The instructional and behavioral support specialization is aimed at providing advanced training in the design, delivery, and supervision of instructional and behavioral supports in schools.
- Included in the specialization is a 12-hour sequence of courses that focuses on mastery of applied behavior analytic principles for use in educational settings.
- The assessment and evaluation specialization is aimed at providing advanced training in the assessment and evaluation of individual students and school programming.
- Candidates who successfully complete this sequence of courses are eligible for state certification for the position of educational diagnostician.
- Understanding and Applying Research in Education
- Applied Learning Theory for Exceptional Learners
- Applied Statistics in Education
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Special Education
- Foundations of Applied Behavior Analysis in Education
- Measurement of Behavior: Analysis and Evaluation of Behavior Change in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applicants are accepted all year.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3388 other Masters in Education in United States
Regular Admission to the LSU Graduate School requires:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average (GPA) for all undergraduate work taken prior to receiving a degree and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all previous graduate work for which a grade is given;
- satisfactory academic standing at the last institution attended
- acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE); and
- acceptance into a departmental program
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 24 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.