The Master of Science in Learning Design and Technology at University of Maryland University College can help you gain the skills and competencies you need to use emerging technologies, learning analytics, and emerging learning theory to design adaptive and personalized online learning experiences. You can explore, develop, and integrate digital media, new pedagogical approaches, and online interactive resources to give students greater access to education and prepare them for success.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Apply learning sciences to design and implement transformative, personalized online and hybrid learning experiences
- Identify and apply learning analytics, current research, and theory to optimize the online learning environment
- Analyze data and create visualization models to inform learning design
- Create authentic assessment strategies to evaluate online learning
- Select, evaluate, and design media and technologies to support learning online
- Communicate effectively online and in print using visual, oral, and written formats
- Initiate and lead learning design projects
- Evaluate legal and ethical issues and develop appropriate strategies for online learning projects
- Use social media tools to create a personal learning network for ongoing professional development
- Decisive Thinking, Communicating, and Leading
- Learning Design and Digital Pedagogy
- Learning Design, Media, and Emerging Technologies
- Learning Design and Data Analytics
- Advanced Practicum in Learning Design
- Learning Design Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Business Intelligence & Analytics View 73 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.